Isn’t it mind-boggling to consider the impact that technology is having on our lives? Just take a second to digest this statistic from The Annual Mobile Industry Numbers and Stats Blog*. “More than 90% of all humans who have ever taken a picture, have only done so on a camera phone.”
So since we are now taking most of our photos on our cells, I want to tell you about a couple of fascinating apps that allow you to create photo collages right on your phone. And in case you’re wondering, the photos you take on your cell look amazing on canvas if you export them to us at a high resolution.
Now even if you don’t consider yourself much of a techie…stick with me here, because getting set up is so easy that it will only take you about 5 minutes. Really! There are only four easy steps:
- Download a photo collage app onto your phone. Here are two options:
- Diptic -http://www.dipticapp.com/ –This is an iPhone and Android App that lets you easily and quickly combine multiple photos to create a new image, and it only costs $0.99.
- Mixel -http://mixel.cc/ –This is an iPhone App that automatically arranges your photos into fun, beautiful collages, and it only costs $1.99.
2) Using your cell phone, take a series of photos you want in your collage.
3) Launch the photo collage app.
4) Create your collage.
Once you’ve created your collage, there are three ways that you can send the collage on to us at Canvas on Demand, so that we can, in turn, create a stunning art canvas that you will receive at your doorstep in just a couple of days.
- Go to http://www.canvasondemand.com/order/canvases/ on your phone and upload your image directly from your phone. (If you have iOS 6, this is a good option.)
- Plug your phone into your computer and upload your image to http://www.canvasondemand.com/order/canvases/ directly from your computer. (This is a good option if you don’t have iOS 6 or don’t have in iPhone.)
- Export your collage to your Instagram account and go to http://www.canvasondemand.com/order/canvases/instagram/ to make your collage from your Instagram photos. (This is a good option if you have plenty of photos on Instagram and don’t have an iPhone.)
You now have all the tools and knowledge to combine your favorite cell phone images into delightful, personal collages. And it only took a few minutes to install the app that costs less than $2.00!
Below is an example–showing the finished canvas and the instagram image and the original collage.
*The Annual Mobile Industry Numbers and Stats Blog—March 6, 2013–http://communities-dominate.blogs.com/brands/2013/03/the-annual-mobile-industry-numbers-and-stats-blog-yep-this-year-we-will-hit-the-mobile-moment.html